Sierra Nevada Corp.‘s space subsidiary has created a group that will advise the business on matters related to national security threats and technology trends.
James “Hondo” Geurts, former acting undersecretary and acquisition chief of the U.S. Navy and a previous Wash100 awardee, will lead the national security advisory group at Sierra Space tasked with conducting independent assessments in support of the country’s space security and safety initiatives, the company said Tuesday.
The other members of the group are:
- William Fraser III, former commander of U.S. Transportation Command
- Lori Garver, former deputy administrator of NASA
- Sue Gordon, the former principal deputy director of national intelligence
- David Hamilton, Jr., former director of the U.S. Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office
- Paul Selva, former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Mac Thornberry, former chairman of the House Armed Services Committee
- Stephen Wilson, the 39th vice chief of staff of the Air Force
All eight advisers intend to hold regular meetings with the executive leadership team for SNC’s space business.
“Collectively, the team will not only serve our Board and Sierra Space, but will also ensure that the United States is properly prepared through the advanced and ready technologies and projects that Sierra Space maintains to face the ever-changing technological landscape of space,” said Tom Vice, CEO of Sierra Space.