Fluor said Hopkins, currently group executive for corporate development and new ventures, will move over to NuScale in March 2013 and Lorenzini will serve as a consultant upon his retirement.
Hopkins will lead NuScale’s pursuit of the next Energy Department funding opportunity to support the development, licensing and commercialization of nuclear small modular reactor technology.
“Because of its importance to our company, I have asked John to take on this new challenge of leading NuScale’s expansion of its strategic partnerships, efficiently managing costs and working to capture markets and geographies that best meet NuScale’s business goals, ” said David Seaton, Fluor’s chairman and CEO.
Fluor and NuScale are evaluating potential investors manufacturing partners and other supply chain members for future small modular reactor development efforts.
Hopkins’ previous positions at Fluor include:
- president of the government group
- president and CEO of a joint Fluor-IBM capital goods sourcing venture
- group president of corporate sales, marketing, corporate development and project finance
- president of chemicals and life sciences
- president of chemicals plastics and fibers