Accenture said the board will meet quarterly and advise the company’s federal services unit on the federal market, industry trends and business strategies.
Kay Kapoor, managing director of Accenture’s federal practice, told GovCon Wire the board will work directly with the company’s federal leadership team.
Kapoor also told GovCon Wire the board will focus on lowering costs for government clients and will advise Accenture on any changes in acquisition policy.
Accenture’s federal business serves every Cabinet-level department.
Advisory board members include:
- James Cartwright, former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and recently elected board member of Raytheon
- William Lynn, former deputy defense secretary and recently appointed CEO of DRS Technologies
- Michael Chertoff, former homeland security secretary and managing principal of Chertoff Group
- Tom Daschle, former senator for South Dakota
- Mary Peters, former transportation secretary