Goldfein, a 37-year Air Force veteran, currently serves as a senior adviser at Blackstone Investment Group.
He culminated his career by serving as the 21st chief of staff of the U.S. Air Force. During his time as the service branch’s CSAF, he helped advance the Joint All-Domain Command and Control concept to help improve combat readiness and responsiveness.
Other new members of Google Public Sector’s board are:
- Dawn Meyerriecks, former head of the CIA’s directorate of science and technology
- Heather Wilson, former secretary of the Air Force and current president of The University of Texas at El Paso
- Nadja West, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant general and current board member of Johnson & Johnson, Nucor and AmeriCares, among others
- Raymond Anthony Thomas, a retired U.S. Army general who currently serves as a partner at Lux Venture Capital
- Steve Bullock, former governor and attorney general of the state of Montana
Existing members of Google Public Sector’s board are Will Grannis, CTO of Google Cloud; Kevin Mandia, CEO of Mandiant; Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud; and Kent Walker, president of global affairs and chief legal officer at Google and Alphabet.
The board will share their insights and experiences to advance cloud adoption in support of government and education customers’ missions.