George Mason University, Defense Acquisition University to Host Government Contracting Conference on Oct. 3rd; Featuring Wash100 Awardees Roger Krone, Hon. Ellen Lord
George Mason University School of Business’ Center for Government Contracting and Defense Acquisition University will be hosting the 2019 Government Contracting Conference for the first time on Oct. 3rd at the Washington Marriott Metro Center.
Click here to register for the conference.
The 2019 GMU–DAU Government Contracting Conference will bring together professionals from government, industry and academia for a day-long conference to examine some of the major issues facing the community in contracting, workforce management and acquisition demand.
2019 Wash100 Award recipients Roger Krone, CEO of Leidos, and Hon. Ellen Lord, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, will participate in their own fireside chats and Representative Denver Riggleman, a former GovCon CEO, will provide a perspective from Capitol Hill.
In addition, the conference will feature four separate panels on critical GovCon topics, including new approaches in federal contracting, intellectual property and supply chain security, small business policy trends and workforce challenges for government and business.
Here’s a list of executives in government, business and academia to be featured at the conference:
- Katie Arrington, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment
- Soraya Correa, Chief Procurement Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Leslie Field, Acting Administrator, Office of Federal Procurement Policy
- Chris Hetz, Director of Acquisitions, Defense Innovation Unit
- The Honorable Bruce Jette, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics & Technology
- Garry Shafovaloff, Deputy Director, DoD Human Capital Initiatives
- Alan Thomas, Commissioner, General Services Administration
- Marjorie Censer, Editor, Inside Defense
- David Drabkin, Former Chairman, Section 809 Panel & Director of GovCon Consulting, Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP and 2019 Wash100 Award winner
- Ben Edson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, VariQ
- The Honorable John Hillen, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, EverWatch Solutions & Chairman of the Advisory Board, Center for Government Contracting
- Josh Jackson, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Solutions & Technology Group, SAIC
- Craig Reed, Ph.D., Chief Growth Officer, Serco North America & Senior Fellow and Board Member, Center for Government Contracting
- Stephen Rodriguez, Founder and Partner, One Defense
- Sumeet Shrivastava, President and Chief Executive Officer, ARRAY & Board Member, Center for Government Contracting
- Chris Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, Govini & Board Member, Center for Government Contracting
- Tom Temin, Anchor of the Federal Drive, Federal News Network
- Vicki Allums, Learning Director for Intellectual Property, Defense Acquisition University
- James Hasik, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Center for Government Contracting
- Richard Klimoski, Ph.D., Professor of Management, School of Business
- Jerry McGinn, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for Government Contracting
- Maury Peiperl, Ph.D., Dean, George Mason University School of Business
- Diane Sidebottom, Learning Director, Defense Acquisition University
- Jim Woolsey, President, Defense Acquisition University
“Each part of the program is designed to enhance the conversation about and identify practical solutions on pertinent issues ranging from supply chain security and new approaches to contracting to workforce challenges and small business transition for all industry participants, whether for a small, mid-tier or large company, and across all federal agencies,” said Jerry McGinn, executive director of the Center for Government Contracting in the School of Business.
Don’t miss the chance to hear the current issues and concerns facing the government contracting community, and how top GovCon executives in the sector are planning to address those issues.