The U.S. Army has awarded an additional 13 spots on a potential five-year, $5B contract that covers horizontal construction work to support multiple Department of Homeland Security sectors at the southern border.
The Army Corps of Engineers received 40 bids for the firm-fixed-price contract through an online acquisition process and will determine funds and work locations with each order, the Department of Defense said Wednesday.
Projects will take place within DHS’ Big Bend, Del Rio, El Paso, Laredo and Rio Grande Valley sectors.
The awardees are:
- Bristol Construction Services
- Burgos Group
- Gibralter-Caddell A joint venture
- Gideon Contracting
- J&J Contractors
- Puyenpa Cottles JV
- Randy Kinder Excavating
- Southwest Valley Constructors
- Stormwater Plans, doing business as SWP Contracting and Paving
- Texas Sterling Construction
These companies join the 12 awardees that were selected for the contract in May.