The U.S. ArmyÂ hasÂ awarded 19 companies spots on an eight-year, $634 million contract to provide research and development services for the creation of new products and processes.
The Defense Department said ThursdayÂ the Army received 22 bids for the contractÂ and will determine funding and work location with each order.
Companies toÂ compete for task orders under the contract include:
- Alion Science and Technology
- Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE: BAH)
- CDQ joint venture
- DCS Corp.
- Hodges Transportation
- Jacobs Engineering GroupÂ (NYSE: JEC)
- Loc Performance Products
- Middle Bay Solutions
- Northwind-Jacobs joint venture
- PD Systems
- Quantum Research International
- Raytheon (NYSE: RTN)
- Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC)
- Select Engineering Services (does business as Mark G. Miller Inc.)
- SurviceÂ Engineering Company
- VSE Corp.
- Waltonen Engineering
- WestWind Aerospace