ATK President and CEO Mark DeYoung announced the move in February.
Missile Products Group Senior Vice President and President Mike Kahn leads ATK Defense, which focuses on ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missiles and tactical rocket motors.
The group employs around 6000 workers through divisions with operations across the U.S. These include:
- Armament systems in Minnesota and Arizona
- Defense electronic systems in California, Florida and Texas
- Energetic systems in Radford, Va.
- Missile products in West Virginia, Maryland and New York
- Small caliber systems in Independence, Mo.
SVP and President of Aerospace Systems Blake Larson will lead the Aerospace group, which works with solid rocket propulsion systems, satellites and next-generation military aircraft.
ATK’s sporting group will produce ammunition and products for personal protection, military and law enforcement use and be led by SVP and President of Security and Sporting Ron Johnson.