The U.S. Air Force has awarded Lockheed Martin‘s (NYSE: LMT) space systems company a $312.2 million contract modification to provide engineering support for advanced extremely high frequency satellites, the Pentagon announced Friday.
Lockheed’s support will include:
- sustaining flight and payload software following on-orbit test
- on-orbit anomaly resolution and investigation
- assessing networked system tested tools
- development testing
- hardware, software, training and logistics
- technical order maintenance
- system security and information assurance engineering
- database updates
Work will be performed at Redondo Beach, Calif., and is expected to be completed Dec. 31, 2014.
The Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Military Satellite Communications Systems Directorate, Los Angeles, is the contracting activity.