The U.S. Navy has handed out multiple-award contracts to 28 companies underneath its Training Systems Contract III indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract, the Defense Department announced yesterday.
The Pentagon said the total amount of the multiple-award contracts, including options, will not exceed $2 billion. Eighteen companies will compete for LOT 1 task orders and 10 companies will compete for LOT 2 awards.
The contractors will compete to provide training systems design, development, production, test and evaluation, delivery, modification and support, the announcement said.
The Pentagon said it expects all orders to be placed by November 2016 and said all performance must be completed by November 2022. Awardees include:
- Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA)
- Computer Sciences Corp. (NYSE: CSC)
- Cubic Corp.’s simulation systems division (NYSE: CUB)
- L-3 Communications Corp. (NYSE: LLL)
- Lockheed Martin‘s global training and logistics unit (NYSE: LMT)
- QinetiQ North America
- Rockwell Collins‘ simulation and training solutions business (NYSE: ROC)
- SAIC Inc. (NYSE: SAI)
- Kratos Defense and Security Solutions‘ technology and training solutions division (NASDAQ: KTOS)
- Thales USA Defense & Security