The U.S. Air Force has awarded L-3 Communications Corp. (NYSE: LLL), Salt Lake City, Utah, a $27, 936, 509 cost-plus-fixed-fee contract to research, develop, build, deliver, install, integrate and test land and air-based components in direct support of data link communications activities.
These activities include, but are not limited to:
- The automated real-time ground ubiquitous surveillance imaging system
- The automated real-time ground ubiquitous surveillance-infrared
- Wide area network detection
- Sensor advancements for experimental ground and air research demonstrations
- Wide area airborne surveillance
The Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity.