Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) released results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2011.
“I am pleased with the execution in the quarter, in particular the strong performance in backup and archiving and continued momentum in hosted services and data loss prevention. In addition, we saw growth in the public sector, driven by strength across all product lines in both the civilian and defense agencies, ” said Enrique Salem, president and chief executive officer, Symantec. “We’re making good progress integrating the VeriSign security business, PGP and GuardianEdge into the Symantec portfolio and all three acquisitions performed better than expected in the quarter.”
Here are the key stats:
- GAAP Revenue of $1.480 billion
- Non-GAAP Operating Margin of 25.1 percent
- Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share of $0.34
- GAAP Deferred Revenue of $3.104 billion
- Cash Flow from Operations of $310 million