Science Applications International Corp or SAIC is a premier technological company offering solutions for the space sector, defense sector, and civilian and intelligence markets. The company’s broad array of services has assisted federal agencies, federal civilian customers, and the federal government in accomplishing its projects.
SAIC has been a successful federal government contractor, earning several prime contract positions. Read on to learn more about SAIC government contracts.
1. SAIC to supply chemicals, packaged petroleum, oils, and lubricants, $700 Million
- Contracting activity: Defense Logistics Agency Aviation
- Contract type: Fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment, IDIQ contract
- Contract release date: September 16, 2016
- Completion date: Oct. 14, 2021
Science Applications International Corp. received a $700 million fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment IDIQ contract awards to supply packaged petroleum, chemicals, oils, and lubricants. SAIC will send the products to the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps, including federal civilian agencies and foreign military customers.
The contract has a base period of five years, with two three-year and one two-year options. All work operations will be performed in New Jersey, Georgia, Pennsylvania, California, Texas, and Arizona.
2. SAIC will provide technical support for U.S. Navy, $20.7 Million
- Contracting activity: Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific
- Contract type: IDIQ, cost-reimbursement contract
- Contract release date: June 30, 2016
- Completion date: June 29, 2019
SAIC received a contract with a ceiling value of $20.7 million in exchange for technical support services for afloat, ashore, and airborne networks and information systems.
SAIC will perform the following support services for the U.S. Navy:
- Assessing network requirements
- Designing system architecture
- Network modeling
- Simulation and testing
- Network technology and prototype development
- Network security
- Information assurance and certification of networks
- Network management
SAIC’s contract with the Space and Naval Warfare Sytems Pacific has two one-year options in this three-year duration. The work operations occur in San Diego, California.
3. SAIC’s Northeast Region, Zone 1 maintenance, $15 Million
- Contracting activity: Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support
- Contract type: Firm-fixed-price, IDIQ, prime vendor contract
- Contract release date: April 2, 2015
- Completion date: July 2, 2015
Science Applications International Corp. received a $15 million prime vendor contract for the maintenance, repair, and operations at the Northeast Region. This short-term contract has a three-month bridge contract. The services will be performed in New Jersey.
4. SAIC to provide Force Protection Systems for the U.S. Army, $15 Million
- Contracting activity: U.S. Army Contracting Command
- Contract type: Modification contract
- Contract release date: February 21, 2020
- Completion date: January 30, 2021
SAIC received an estimated $15 million contract from the U.S. Army Contracting Command. Under this contract, SAIC will provide:
- Force Protection Systems (FPS) Integrated Base Defense Operation Inherent Resolve System Engineering
- Close Combat Weapon System Foreign Military Sales engineering and analysis
- FPS Combat Outpost Surveillance Force Protection System (COSFPS) System Engineering
- FPS Counter Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (C-VBIED) Systems Engineering
Work will occur in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
5. SAIC’s MK 48 Mod 7 and engineering support procurement by the U.S. Navy, $30.8 Million
- Contracting activity: Naval Sea Systems Command
- Contract type: Firm-fixed-price, fixed-price-incentive, and cost-plus-fixed-fee contract
- Contract release date: September 29, 2016
- Completion date: January 2020
SAIC received a $30.8 million contract to purchase MK 48 Mod 7 heavyweight torpedo. Under this contract with the U.S. Navy, the company will perform these three main jobs:
- Manufacture MK 48 Mod 7 heavyweight torpedo afterbody/tail cone components
- Provide spares, test equipment, production support material, hardware repair support, and engineering and technical assistance
- Improve the MK 48 Mod 7 parts to increase the number of MK 48 Mod 7 ready-to-issue war shots
Most of the work will occur in Bedford, Indiana, and other places like Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Indiana.
6. SAIC’s integrated afloat and ashore tactical networks support the U.S. Navy, $14 Million
- Contracting activity: Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific
- Contract type: Modification contract
- Contract release date: September 16, 2022
- Completion date: July 2, 2023
SAIC received a modification contract worth approximately $14 million to provide ongoing maintenance support for tactical networks connected on land and at sea.
The estimated value of the contract can go up from $237,526,884 to $251,841,884 because of this modification. Work will occur in San Diego, California, on Navy ships, and at Department of Defense installations worldwide.
7. SAIC to train and support the U.S. Army Forces Command, $200 Million
Image Attribution: Photo by Getmilitaryphotos from shutterstock.com
- Contracting activity: Department of Defense Information Analysis Center
- Contract type: Multiple-award contract
- Contract release date: September 7, 2022
SAIC received a single-award task order worth $200 million to help train and support the U.S. Army Forces Command. The company will also research, analyze, and evaluate the Intelligence Warfighting Function of Forces Command (FORSCOM) G-2-Intelligence (IWF). Under this contract, SAIC will perform the following tasks:
- Leverage AI, training, and operational advances to improve mission effectiveness and reach
- Design and deliver training and recommend preparedness practices to improve warfighter and mission commander intelligence, weather, and security
- Supports the modernization and transformation of U.S. Army military intelligence units
- Enables FORSCOM G-2 can meet IWF Intelligence Concept 2028 mission operations and requirements
8. SAIC’s production of radar systems for the U.S. Navy, $25 Million
- Contracting activity: Naval Surface Warfare Center
- Contract type: Firm-fixed-price, cost-plus-fixed-fee, and cost only, IDIQ contract
- Contract release date: September 22, 2022
- Completion date: March 2028
Science Applications International Corp. won a $25 million contract to provide maintenance, repair, and technical support services for several U.S. Navy’s radar systems.
This contract was won through a competitive bidding process using System for Award Management. Work and operations will occur in Bedford, Indiana.
About Science Applications International Corporation
Science Applications International Corp (SAIC) is a company headquartered in Reston, Virginia, that primarily provides consultation services and scientific, engineering, and technical solutions. SAIC business segments markets in security, energy, data operations, technology landscape, artificial intelligence, environment, health, and infrastructure.
Science Applications International Corporation FAQs
What is SAIC’s customer mission?
SAIC aims to empower and innovate the government through its reliable support. The company is also the market’s top technology integrator by supporting customers’ missions, attracting top personnel, and maximizing shareholder returns.
What brands does SAIC own?
SAIC market under its brands, like Feifan, IM, Maxus, MG, Roewe, Baojun (under SGMW), and Wuling (under SGMW). The company also has foreign-brand joint ventures like SAIC-Volkswagen (Volkswagen, Skoda, and Audi) and SAIC-General Motors (Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac).
Who won the ASTRO Family of Contracts?
U.S. General Services Administration chooses SAIC to provide Comprehensive IT support through the ASTRO Family of Contracts. Only six businesses, including SAIC, were given all ten contracts for ASTRO Family.
Working with the premier technology integrator
SAIC offers an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) that places a high value on attracting and retaining top talent by encouraging a supportive environment for diversity, equity, and inclusion. SAIC has about 26,500 employees as of 2022.