Tadgh Smith is a distinguished leader in the homeland security space. With over 30 years of experience, he has proven to be effective in his current role as Deputy Assistant Director for the Law Enforcement System and Analysis (LESA) at the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Get to know more about him, his leadership background, and his contributions to the industry.
Who is Tadgh Smith?
Tadgh Smith was appointed Deputy Assistant Director of ICE’s LESA department in November 2011. For 12 years and counting, he oversaw the delivery of innovative solutions to different agencies across the globe.
Smith has been a vital part of ICE since 2007. Before his present role, he served as a Senior Information Technology Specialist from 2007 to 2008, and then as Unit Chief of Business Transformation from 2008 to 2011.
Tadgh Smith, Speaker at POC’s 2023 Homeland Security Summit
Tadgh Smith is one of the speakers at the upcoming 2023 Homeland Security Summit by the Potomac Officers Club (POC). You might not want to miss this event as he, and other homeland security experts, will discuss citizen development and harnessing shadow IT capacities.
POC’s 2023 Homeland Security Summit gathers the most distinguished homeland security leaders in the public and private sectors. Together, they will shed light on the most advanced threats and the solutions to counter them.
Register here to be part of this annual event to be held on November 15, 2023, at The Westin Tysons Corner in Falls Church, Virginia.
At the same time, being a member of the Potomac Officers Club gives you access to exclusive content and opportunities to expand your business network. Register here to be part of POC.
Leadership and Professional Background
Tadgh Smith’s 30-year career in the federal government space comprises experience from both the public and private sectors. Outlined below are his previous work experiences before becoming Deputy Assistant Director for ICE’s Law Enforcement Systems and Analysis:
- Supervisory Information Technology Specialist in the US. Department of the Treasury, from 2006 to 2007
- Senior Consultant at IBM, from 2003 to 2006
- Assistant Vice President at SAIC, from 2000 to 2003
- Director of Information Systems at Georgetown University, from 1999 to 2000
- Senior System Network Administrator at the Pleasant Company (now named Mattel), from 1991 to 1996
Tadgh Smith’s Notable Contributions to the Federal Government Space
As the Deputy Assistant Director for the Law Enforcement Systems and Analysis at ICE, Tadgh Smith has been seminal in advancing national security efforts. Listed below are some of his notable contributions to the industry:
- Mentored leaders and subordinates working with government officials
- Managed over 100 diverse and dispersed staff
- Oversaw budgets of over $100 million
- Operationalized the influence of federal biometric information sharing on national security and law enforcement
- Handled different government contracts and represented a $50 billion opportunity for IBM
- Spearheaded a $34 million multi-agency effort spanning ten years at SAIC
You might also be interested in: DHS Pursuing New Mission Goals With 3 Major Contract Opportunities