General Dynamics Secures $79M Support Services Contract for Navy Littoral Combat Ship

General Dynamics‘ (NYSE: GD) missions systems business has received a potential five-year, $79.2 million contract from the U.S. Navy for services in support of the Independence-class littoral combat ship.

The company will provide in-service engineering and lifecycle support services for the LCS’ integrated combat management system and related interfaces, software applications, as well as intelligence, command, control, communications, computers and combat systems, the Department of Defense said Monday.

The cost-plus-fixed-fee term contract, which also covers networking environment hardware program services, has a base value of $13.1 million and includes options that would raise contract amount to its potential value and would extend work through May 2026 if exercised.

General Dynamics Mission Systems will conduct 90 percent of contract work in San Diego and National City, California; and Pittsfield, Massachusetts. The remaining 10 percent will be performed in Fairfax, Virginia, and Singapore.

The Navy will obligate $2.7 million from fiscal 2021 operation and maintenance funds at the time of award.

The Naval Surface Warfare Center’s Port Hueneme Division awarded the contract to GDMS on a sole-source basis as it was determined that no other provider of supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements.

Video of the Day

GovCon Wire Logo

Sign Up Now! GovCon Wire provides you with Daily Updates and News Briefings about Contract Awards

Related Articles

The Ultimate Guide to Winning Government Contracts Let us show you how top executives are winning so you can replicate it