Avaya has appointed seven new members to its board of directors as part of the Santa Clara, California-based communications technology firmâs reorganization effort.
Jim Chirico, formerly chief operating officer at Avaya who assumed the president and CEO roles in October, will serve as a board member once the reorganization is consummated, the company said Monday.
Other executives appointed to Avayaâs board include:
- Ronald Rittenmeyer, executive chairman and CEO of Tenet Healthcare
- Scott Vogel, managing member of Vogel Partners
- Stanley Sutula, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Pitney Bowes
- Stephan Scholl, president at Infor
- Susan Spradley, a partner at Tap Growth Group
- William Watkins, formerly chairman and CEO of Imergy Power Systems
Chichiro said the board membersâ industry insights and business skills would help the company increase shareholder value and position it for growth upon emergence from chapter 11 as a public firm.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York is set to hold a hearing Nov. 28 on the companyâs second amended reorganization plan.