Photo by Jacob Lund from Shutterstock.com
OceanSound Partners is a private equity firm focused on technology-enabled companies. The firm has strategic investments in attractive middle-market companies with multiple services offered to government and commercial customers. Take a look at the top OceanSound Partners government contracts.
1. GSA Finalized a Contract to Upgrade Border Crossing Facilities Between Maine and New Brunswick
“Edmundston-Madawaska Bridge“, by P199, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
- Contracting activity: General Services Administration
- Value: $44.5 million
- Contract date: October 2020
The U.S. General Services Administration tasked Gannett Fleming to upgrade the U.S. Land Port of Entry and International Bridge between Madawaska, Maine, and Edmundston, New Brunswick, Canada. The contract covered upgrades for better security and commercial ties at the border crossing. Gannett Fleming is a portfolio company of OceanSound Partners that specializes in…
Gannett Fleming fixed the defects of the international bridge, which was also determined to be at the end of its lifespan. The contract also covered feasibility studies for the new bridge connecting points of entry on both sides and planning and evaluation to minimize adverse impacts during construction.
The preferred location of the Madawaska Land Port of Entry was approximately 1,300 ft upstream of Saint John River. The new facilities included more efficient traffic for better movement of people and goods between the two countries. The border crossing was also reinforced for safer passage of vehicles weighing more than five tons.
2. FDOT Contracted to Solve Congestion Through South Florida East Corridor Regional Transit
Image from Gannett Fleming Official Website
- Contracting activity: Florida Department of Transportation
- Contract date: 2011
Gannett Fleming was tasked to provide construction services for alternatives to South Florida East Corridor Regional Transit. The 85-mile corridor, stretching from Miami to Jupiter, was built to connect 28 densely-populated municipalities across Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.
The agreement with Gannett Fleming outlines constructing a premium transit system, building new lines, integrating into existing services, and enhancing old networks. On top of comprehensive transit and freight planning, environmental screenings, and transit surveys, the contractor also addressed sound-related concerns during construction.
3. USSOUTHCOM Extended the Prime Contract Position of Smartronix Under MARLINS Task Order
Photo by laymanzoom from Shutterstock.com
- Contracting activity: U.S. Southern Command
- Contract type: Complex, multi-tenant task order
- Value: $986 million
- Contract date: October 19, 2021
U.S. Southern Command extended Smartronix’s prime contract position under the $986 million Monitoring, Analysis, Reconnaissance, Logistics, Intelligence, and Network Services (MARLINS) Task Order. The award extended support services through 2026, inclusive option periods, totaling ten years in cumulative, continuous support.
Outlined in the USSOUTHCOM’s MARLINS complex, multi-tenant task order, Smartronix, an OceanSound Partners portfolio company, was tasked to provide cutting-edge cloud-based data analytics for the federal command, other service components, combatant commands, and members of the Intelligence Community.
Smartronix (SMX), an OceanSound Partners portfolio company, is a Washington D.C. firm specializing in advanced engineering and IT solutions for the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and other defense-related sector clients.
4. USAFRICOM Awarded SMX Prime Contract Positions for ISR Mission Support and Data Analytics
Photo by metamorworks from Shutterstock.com
- Contracting activity: U.S. Africa Command
- Contract type: Complex, multi-tenant task order
- Value: $2.3 billion
- Contract date: October 3, 2022
U.S. Africa Command continued its contract with SMX, an OceanSound Partners company, to provide ISR mission support and data analytics services. Under the $2.3 billion task order, titled ‘AFRICOM Reconnaissance Intelligence Exploitation Services (ARIES),’ the company secured the award under the GSA’s ASTRO Data Operations Pool contract.
SMX’s new seven-year award for ARIES task order was projected to USAFRICOM through 2029 if all options are exercised. The contract boosted the government’s capabilities to observe, orient, decide, and act quickly and more efficiently based on the information provided through intelligence collection and dissemination.
5. U.S. Army ASA (ALT) Signed a Deal for Future Long-Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) Program Services Contact
Photo from the U.S. Army Official Website
- Contracting activity: United States Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology
- Value: $84.5 million
- Contract date: June 21, 2022
The U.S. Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology signed a deal with SMX for Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA). The $84.5 million award, spanning five years through 2027, was finalized to extend support for the Future Vertical Lift (FVL) program for one of the Army’s Big 6 Modernization Priorities.
SMX partnered with the Program Executive Office to fully support this agreement and achieve the U.S. Army ASA (ALT) mission to develop the next generation of vertical lift tactical assault. The award occurred in Huntsville, Alabama, where the company provided the agency with engineering, acquisition, logistics, and technology services.
6. HRSA Awarded DMI a BPA for Modernization of Electronic Handbook Program
Photo by M_Agency from Shutterstock.com
- Contracting activity: Health Resources and Services Administration
- Contract type: Blank Purchase Agreement
- Value: $112 million
- Contract date: August 20, 2020
The Health Resources and Services Administration, a part of the Department of Health and Human Services, awarded DMI a single-award Blank Purchase Agreement to upgrade the Electronic Handbook (EHB) program. It contains user guides, electronic forms, and menus to improve workflows and processes.
The five-year BPA tasked DMI to modernize the EHB program with new technologies such as efficient software delivery, future-oriented innovation, automation infrastructure, hybrid cloud platforms, DevSecOps, and more. With a contract value of $112 million, the contract was built upon the six-year partnership with HRSA for mission-critical support.
DMI, an OceanSound Partners company, is a Maryland-based software development and engineering solutions provider for government customers. It specializes in technical business strategies and offers a collaborative approach to digital transformation.
7. FDIC Contracted DMI for Managed Services Task Order to Improve Efficiency and Lower IT Costs
Photo by Gorodenkoff from Shutterstock.com
- Contracting activity: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Contract type: Task order
- Value: $256 million
- Contract date: July 2021
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation finalized a deal with DMI to provide managed services for infrastructure support. The 7.5-year task order provided the agency with network operations, data center modernization, cloud migration, tools integration, and more. These services aim to improve operational efficiency and save costs.
About OceanSound Partners
Photo by Jacob Lund from Shutterstock.com
OceanSound Partners provides strategic investment for technology companies with businesses for the federal government and commercial customers. The company focuses on value creation, technical capabilities, strategy support, digital transformation, and other technology-enabled services to help its portfolio companies.
Since its founding in 2019, OceanSound Partners has been led by former executives of Veritas Capital and The Blackstone Group, Joe Benavides, Ted Coons, and Jeff Kelly. As a top private equity firm, the company has collective expertise of 85 years and trusted experience across various commercial markets.
What are portfolio companies under OceanSound Partners?
OceanSound Partners’ portfolio includes seven technology-enabled companies. Take a look at the list of companies under the private equity firm.
- CFM is a software provider of banking systems, primarily for mid-market banks and community credit unions.
- DMI is a leading provider of commercial and government customers with software development and engineering solutions.
- Netrix offers comprehensive IT services, including cloud, security, ITSM, collaboration solutions, and more.
- Lynx supplies software solutions systems for various markets such as aerospace, defense, industrial, and critical end businesses.
- RMA Group of Companies offers comprehensive quality management services for laboratory testing and inspection in national markets.
- SMX works with DoD, Intelligence Community, and other defense-related businesses with advanced engineering and IT solutions.
- Gannet Fleming provides first-rate construction services to build infrastructure and connect communities across the U.S.
Aside from these portfolio companies, OceanSound Partners make strategic investments and partnerships with different companies. The company also has notable participation in different companies such as Arena Strategic Advisors, Trident Technologies, KippsDeSanto & Co., and more.
OceanSound Partners: “Partnering With Middle-Market Technology Companies”
Photo by Rawpixel.com from Shutterstock.com
OceanSound government contracts have played a critical role in helping commercial customers create decisions in their government contracting activities. The company partners with middle-market companies to realize their growth objectives and potential.