Kopra, a U.S. Army veteran, will also serve on Starlab’s board of directors and bring to the role his experience in space exploration as he oversees the company’s Starlab commercial space station program at Nanoracks, which is part of Voyager Space’s exploration segment, the company said Monday.
He previously served as president of OneWeb Technologies, vice president for robotics and space operations at Canadian space company MDA and partner and co-founder of venture capital firm Blue Bear Capital.
Starlab also named three executives to its leadership team: Mohit Sharma, current head of mergers and acquisitions finance at Airbus Defence and Space, as chief financial officer; Thomas Ayres, former chief legal officer and general counsel of Voyager Space, as general counsel; and Paul Schauer, executive VP of integrated operations at Voyager Space, as chief procurement officer.
In addition to Kopra, five other industry leaders will also serve on Starlab Space’s board. They are:
- Debra Facktor, head of U.S. space systems, Airbus U.S. Space and Defense
- Jim Bridenstine, former NASA administrator
- Marc Steckling, senior VP and head of Earth observation, science and exploration, Airbus Defence and Space
- Marshall Smith, chief technology officer, Voyager Space
- Mohamed Denden, CFO, Airbus U.S. Space and Defense