Executive Mosaic is pleased to announce Secretary of Defense James Mattis as the 2018 GovCon Wire Reader’s Choice Award winner, chosen among the prestigious 2018 Wash100 inductees through popular vote, having garnered 1,007 votes out of a total 24,131 cast. Voting closed Monday, April 30th at midnight.
The Wash100, now in its fifth year, recognizes the premier private and public sector GovCon leaders as hand-picked by Executive Mosaic’s election committee. Individuals selected must have demonstrated superior leadership, innovation, reliability, achievement and vision.
Voter participation has sizably increased from 2017 to 2018. An additional 5,727 votes have been tallied for the top ten popular vote recipients, growing nearly 446.7% percent from 2017’s results.
The voting results are as follows:
The total top 10 featured an almost 50/50 split between GovCon Executives and Government Executives. In addition to Mattis, we would like to congratulate our leaders in the polls:
- Raquel Bono, U.S. Navy, director of the Defense Health Agency
- Craig Abod, president of Carahsoft
- Chris Marzilli, president of General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Phebe Novakovic, CEO of General Dynamics
- Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, deputy commander, U.S. Cyber Command
- Xavier Williams, president of AT&T Global Business Public Sector Solutions
- Lawrence Prior, former president and CEO of CSRA, now part of General Dynamics Information Technology
- Amy Gilliland, president of GDIT
- Lt. Gen. Charles Hooper, director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency
The Executive Mosaic team would like to extend our deepest thanks to those who have participated in the Wash100 popular vote. All results are determined by GovCon Wire readers who are asked to vote for the individuals they expect to have the greatest impact on the GovCon marketplace in the coming year. Your votes not only recognize strong leadership in the industry, but also provide a forum to celebrate unparalleled excellence. Until next year …