Brad Pedersen, a more than 35-year aerospace and defense industry veteran, has been named president and CEO of MD Helicopters following the acquisition of the company by an investment consortium led by MBIA Insurance and MB Global Partners.
He brings to the role decades of leadership experience at aerospace and defense companies, including Boeing’s (NYSE: BA) rotorcraft business, Sikorsky Aircraft, Breeze-Eastern and Hughes Helicopters, and nearly 20 years of experience leading engineering work involving product lines of MD Helicopters, MD Helicopters said Friday.
Pedersen said MD Helicopters has built up its presence in the rotorcraft industry and plans to focus on improving customer support, promoting supplier relationships and implementing an aircraft sales plan.
He will be supported by MD Helicopters’ board of directors chaired by Edward Dolanski, president of government services at Boeing.
Other newly appointed members of the board are:
- Anthony McKiernan, chairman and chief financial officer of MBIA Insurance
- Daniel Avitabile, president and chief risk officer of MBIA
- Gustave Perna, a retired U.S. Army general and former chief operating officer for Operation Warp Speed
- John Greene, partner and portfolio manager at Bardin Hill Investment Partners
- Paul “Flip” Huffard, former managing director at restructuring and reorganization group at Blackstone