Wait, don't miss out on the latest GovCon industry news!

Sign Up Now! ExecutiveBiz provides you with Daily Updates and News Briefings

*By clicking "Join us now" you agree to receive email, promotions and general messages from GovCon Wire, In addition, you also agree to GovCon Wire Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions.

X Remind me Later

Raytheon Secures $328M to Produce More Sidewinder Missiles for US, FMS Clients

Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX) has received a $328.16 million contract to manufacture lot 21 of updated AIM-9X Sidewinder multimission missiles for U.S. and foreign military customers.

The Department of Defense said Wednesday the three-year contract from Naval Air Systems Command covers the production of Block II all up round tactical and air training missiles, containers, spare advanced optical target detectors, guidance and electronic units, propulsion steering sections, classroom explosive ordnance disposal systems trainers and tail caps.

Twenty-six international countries will receive one batch of spare assets to address foreign military sales requirements.

Raytheon’s missile and defense business will perform 97 percent of contract work at various locations within the U.S. and the remaining 3 percent in Germany.

According to Raytheon, Block II variant features include a redesigned fuze technology, a digital ignition safety device and a lock-on-after-launch system that works with a weapon datalink to support engagements beyond visual range.

GovCon Wire Logo

Sign Up Now! GovCon Wire provides you with Daily Updates and News Briefings about Contract Awards

Related Articles