WR Systems to Engineer Navy Positioning, Navigation & Timing Tech Under $490M IDIQ

WR Systems to Engineer Navy Positioning, Navigation & Timing Tech Under $490M IDIQ
WR Systems

WR Systems has won a potential five-year, $490.5M contract to help the U.S. Navy engineer maritime positioning, navigation and timing equipment for maritime applications.

Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic received two offers for the indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity via NIWC's e-commerce portal and will obligate $25K at the time of award from the branch's fiscal 2020 other procurement funds, the Department of Defense said Friday.

The company will perform 98% of tasks in Virginia and the remaining 2% in California and Connecticut.

DoD expects work to be complete by September 2025.

Fairfax, Virginia-based WR Systems has a range of support offerings in the areas of PNT, unmanned systems, domain awareness and surveillance, quality management, geonavigation, alert, mini stock point and program services.

You may also be interested in...

Leidos to Buy Gibbs & Cox for $380M in Maritime Market Expansion Push; Roger Krone Quoted

Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) has agreed to acquire engineering and design firm Gibbs & Cox in …

Peter Cannito: Redwire Eyes Space Infrastructure Expansion With DSS Acquisition

Redwire, an aerospace company backed by AE Industrial Partners, has bought satellite solar array developer …