Maximus (NYSE: MMS) has appointed Andrew Sommers, formerly a senior policy adviser at the Department of Health and Human Services, to oversee a newly formed business unit that will focus on supporting public health initiatives in the government sector.
Sommers will lead the Maximus Public Health organization and its efforts to help customers develop preparedness and response strategies through partnerships, research and data analytics, the company said Wednesday.
The Reston, Virginia-based business process service provider also named the following professionals to support the MPH segment’s mission:
- Amber Cox, former senior research policy associate at Merck
- Corinna Dan, former senior adviser in the HHS Office of Infectious Disease Policy
- Jonnell Sanciangco, geographic information system analyst at Michigan State University
- Karin Hoelzer, former senior officer of health programs at the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Samuel Washington, former senior disease epidemiologist and biodefense regulatory biostatistician at Laulima Government Solutions