Tekla Research Wins Potential $83M Navy Warfare Tech Prototyping, Integration IDIQ

Jeff Brody

Technical services provider Tekla Research has won a potential five-year, $83M contract to help the U.S. Navy engineer, test and integrate warfare technology into aircraft and other aviation platforms.

The company will evaluate developmental, newly installed or deployed systems through laboratory, flight and ground tests as well as provide data collection support for system improvement and prototype experimentation and testing efforts, the Department of Defense said Tuesday.

The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division received two offers for the indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract through a small business set-aside procurement competition and will obligate funds upon issuance of individual orders.

DoD noted the company will perform 96.5 percent of work in Patuxent River, Md., and the remaining 3.5 percent in California, Virginia and New Jersey.

The Pentagon expects contract services to be completed by March 2025.

Tekla is headquartered in Fredericksburg, Va., and offers technical, engineering and management support services to aircraft survivability projects in the defense sector.

You may also be interested in...

Naval Strike Missile

State Dept Clears $300M Sale of Raytheon Technologies-Made Naval Missiles to Romania

The State Department approved Romania's request to buy anti-ship missile systems manufactured by Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX) through a potential $300M foreign military sale transaction with the U.S. government. The company's missiles and defense business would deliver two units of the Naval Strike Missile Coastal Defense System and complementary equipment to Romania's government under the potential deal, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency said Friday.

AI Within CI Virtual Event

ArchIntel’s AI in Competitive Intelligence Virtual Event to Discuss Maintaining Competitive Advantage

Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and big data have transformed how businesses conduct competitive intelligence (CI) and how our stakeholders use the developed analyses. Additionally, the federal government has integrated emerging technologies to remain competitive across the defense landscape. To register for ArchIntel’s AI in Competitive Intelligence Virtual Event, as well as view upcoming opportunities, visit ArchIntel’s Event Page.