Leonardo DRS Subsidiary Wins Potential $831M Navy IDIQ for Hardware Tech Production, Integration

Jeff Brody

A Leonardo DRS subsidiary has secured a potential seven-year, $830.7M contract from the U.S. Navy to design, produce and install workstations, processors and network systems for the service branch and the governments of the U.K. and Australia.

DRS Laurel Technologies will provide engineering and technical support as well as manufacture associated systems, enclosures and kits under the cost-plus-incentive-fee contract, the Department of Defense said Monday.

Work is initially scheduled to conclude by July 2025 and will take place in various locations across the U.S. The indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract has a base value of $382.5M and work could extend through December 2026 if all options are exercised.

The Naval Undersea Warfare Center received two bids for the competitively solicited contract and the service branch will obligate $296.8K in fiscal year 2019 other procurement funds at the time of award.

The Navy accounts for 92.7 percent of the orders, while the governments of the U.K. and Australia account for the remaining 7.3 percent.

You may also be interested in...

research and development

$105M DOE R&D Funding Opportunity Opens for Small Businesses

The Department of Energy plans to award $105M in total research and development grants for the second phase of its fiscal 2021 Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer initiatives.

Kevin Kelly advisory board member Enlightenment Capital

Former CACI Exec Kevin Kelly Joins Enlightenment Capital Advisory Board

Kevin Kelly, former president of the national security and innovative solutions sector at CACI International (NYSE: CACI), has been named an advisory board member at investment firm Enlightenment Capital. He brings more than 25 years of government services industry experience to the board and will support Enlightenment's portfolio companies in national security business growth efforts, the company said Monday.