Home / Contract Awards / Leonardo DRS Subsidiary Wins Potential $262M Navy Radar Production Contract

Leonardo DRS Subsidiary Wins Potential $262M Navy Radar Production Contract

Leonardo DRS subsidiary has won a potential $261.9 million contract to produce radar systems for the U.S. Navy and Japan to fulfill a foreign military sales agreement.

DRS Laurel Technologies will produce up to 59 AN/SPQ-9B ASMD radars and associated equipment under the firm-fixed-price contract that has an initial value of $64.3 million, the Defense Department said Thursday.

AN/SPQ-9B employs an X-band, pulse-doppler radar technology designed to help users acquire and automatically track surface and air targets in real time.

DoD noted that 88.2 percent of contract purchases are for the Navy and the remaining 11.8 percent are for Japan.

Work will take place in Largo, Florida, and Johnstown, Pennsylvania, through June 2022.

The Naval Sea Systems Command received two proposals for the contract via a competitive procurement on FedBizOpps.

Check Also

Former Lockheed, ULA Exec Kent Lietzau Named SEAKR Business Dev’t Lead

Kent Lietzau, former vice president of strategy and business development at United Launch Alliance, has joined SEAKR Engineering as head of business development. He will oversee growth efforts across the space electronics manufacturing company's government, civil and commercial businesses, SEAKR said Friday.

Bechtel Subsidiary Gets $1.4B in Contract Modifications for Naval Nuclear Propulsion Components

Bechtel subsidiary has been awarded three contract modifications worth $1.43B combined to provide nuclear power plant components for U.S. Navy submarines and aircraft carriers.