Home / Contract Awards / Saab Defense & Security USA to Develop Coast Guard Cutter Radar Tech Under Potential $118M Contract

Saab Defense & Security USA to Develop Coast Guard Cutter Radar Tech Under Potential $118M Contract

A Saab Group subsidiary has won a potential $118.5 million contract from the U.S. Navy to develop multimode radar systems for integration onto the U.S. Coast Guard‘s offshore patrol cutter ships.

The contract has an initial value of $16.8 million and will reach its full cumulative value if all options are exercised, the Defense Department said Friday.

Saab Defense and Security USA will perform 64 percent of contract work in New York and the remaining 36 percent in Gothenburg, Sweden.

The Navy received three offers for the contract through a competitive solicitation process on FedBizOpps and used fiscal 2017 other procurement funds to cover the obligated amount.

Check Also

Salesforce’s Jenny Berarducci: Cloud Tech Could Help Agencies Transform Customer Experience

Jenny Berarducci, regional vice president of customer success at Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), has said a cloud-based tool provides government agencies the capability to improve the customer experience and earn the public’s trust, which is key to any mission. Berarducci wrote about the need for agencies to implement a flexible technology that could enable them to meet current and future needs.

Lockheed to Update Navy MASINT Platform Under Potential $90M Contract

Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has secured a potential five-year, $90.3M contract from the U.S. Navy to update the Office of Naval Intelligence's Measurement and Signature Intelligence Enterprise for Global Acoustic Intelligence platform.