Home / M&A Activity / Exelis Shareholders OK Harris’ Acquisition Offer, DOJ Clears Transaction

Exelis Shareholders OK Harris’ Acquisition Offer, DOJ Clears Transaction

FalconRadioHarris Corp.’s (NYSE: HRS) pending acquisition of Exelis (NYSE: XLS) for almost $4.75 billion in cash and stock has moved forward after Exelis’ shareholders voted to approve the transaction and the Justice Department cleared the deal under antitrust law.

Exelis said Friday both companies expect the transaction to close May 29, pending other closing conditions, and gained DOJ’s approval for the deal on May 21 to terminate the waiting period for the acquisition under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.

Exelis shareholders will receive $16.625 in cash and 0.1025 of Harris shares for each Exelis share they hold, while Harris shareholders will own close to 85 percent of the company and Exelis shareholders will hold the remaining 15 percent.

Check Also

Air Force Seeks Info on E-4B Airborne Ops Center Aircraft Replacement Program

The Air Force has issued a presolicitation notice to seek information on a new aircraft to replace its fleet of legacy E-4B National Airborne Operations Center planes. A notice posted Wednesday on beta SAM website says the proposed Survivable Airborne Operations Center Weapon System aircraft will be a key National Military Command System component in support of the president, defense secretary and the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Navy Contingency Construction IDIQ Modification Increases Contract Value to $1.2B

The U.S. Navy has awarded four companies a $92M modification that increases the potential value of an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for global contingency construction services to $1.24B. AECOM's (NYSE: ACM) URS subsidiary, Jacobs Engineering Group's (NYSE: JEC) CH2M business, KBR (NYSE: KBR) and Environmental Chemical Corp. hold positions on the IDIQ.