CH2M Hill Polar Services, which consists of CH2M HILL, Polar Field Services Inc., SRI International and UMIAQ, has been awarded a third consecutive arctic research support and logistics services contract for the National Science Foundation.
The estimated $325 million contract will span eight years. The scope of the contract includes:
- procurement and inventory management
- logistics planning and operations for science projects
- engineering, aviation and design services
- information technology and communications support
- facilities planning, construction, maintenance and operations
- quality management field safety and risk management
- stakeholder coordination
Arctic research projects and facilities CPS will support cover Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Fennoscandia, Russia, the Arctic Ocean and adjacent seas. A CPS statement says it will help researchers and scientists to gain a better understanding of the impact climate change has on the Arctic region.