The U.S. Navy has awarded L-3 Communications Corp. (NYSE: LLL), Arlington, Texas, a $22, 362, 512 firm-fixed-price contract for hardware and software to upgrade the Canadian Air Force’s training system.
The purchase is under the Foreign Military Sales program.
Canada’s advanced distributed combat training system will upgrade to the current U.S. Navy tactical operation flight trainers roadmap procurement program baseline.
L-3 will also install and test the hardware and software for:
- 6 networked CF-18 9-panel tactical operational flight trainers
- 10 part task trainers
- 6 brief and debrief systems
- a theater specific visual database
- simulated joint helmet mounted cueing system
- new PC-based Image Generation
- operator, maintenance and user-defined file training for approximately 1o students.
Seventy percent of the work will be performed in Canada, with the rest completed in Arlington, Texas. Work is expected to be completed in May 2013.
Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was not competitively procured. The Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division, Orlando, Fla., is the contracting activity